Learning Center 3 is the first experience within the warm setting of a former home constructed in the 1920’s assists little ones ages 2 ½ and 3 into the learning environment. Skills learned at this age focus primarily on developing social skills - following directions, respecting others, building self-esteem, sharing, cooperative play and getting along with others
The curriculum supports the development of gross motor skills, enhances the curiosity of the young child in the areas of science, math (counting skills and patterns), language arts, and religion. Children are encouraged to develop skills in listening and verbal expression.
In religion, the children learn that God loves us and that we are all good. We help our little ones come to an awareness of God’s love in themselves and others. Each month, cards are made for the sick , bags are decorated to be given to the homeless in the Hotdogs for the Homeless project and various other donations are given by families throughout the year.
Positive choices and redirection is offered as our discipline plan when needed. The Gospel value set by staff during the year help in reminding students of behavior expected.
The schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 – 8:30 – outside play (weather permitting)
- 8:10 – morning prayer with Sr. Veronica
- 9:15 – transition time to classrooms
- 9:30 – 9:45 – Circle time
- 9:45 – 11: 00 – Daily activities (class time, P. E. twice a week)
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Lunch
- (alternating with inside or outside play)
- 12:30 – transition to nap time
- 1:00 – 3:00 – Nap time
- 3:00 – 3:30 – Snack
- 3:30 – 5:45 – Free choice learning centers or outside play; Thursdays – Spanish
In the summer we are offered water play (for our younger students) and swimming (for our older threes and four year olds).
Parents are welcome to visit at any time.